When Flor Serna found herself as the only female recording engineer at Vital Sounds Recording, she wanted to make some waves. She, and Maya Ramos, joined forces to create Electric Girls, a special program to help girls learn electronics and computer programming.
They offer summer camps, school programs, and Saturday options for girls from 5-18 years of age in the great New Orleans area.
The girls will enjoy some of the following:
- Learn fundamentals of electronics and programming.
- Build inventions and be guided during prototypes and ideation to create new things.
- Become mentors to help the younger girls.
- Be a part of a like-minded community filled with support and friends.
- Earn badges as different milestones are met in the program.
Scholarships are available to girls in need.
- Location: Louisiana
- Entering Grade: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Ages: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
- Trade Skills:
- Estimate Cost:
- Program Length:
- Program Months:
All information provided is reviewed for accuracy annually. We are not responsible for changes to programs that may not be reflected here. Please visit the program website to get the latest information. Image credits are to the programs.