Tools & Tiaras
Their motto “Jobs don’t have genders” says it all! Tools & Tiaras is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that hopes to make the trades more inclusive for girls. They offer a variety of programs in fully-equipped workshops for women and girls to learn skills that they can use at home – or in a career.
The summer program is a week-long experience in NYC, but they also have a virtual session as well.
Some of the skills they will learn include
- Commercial painting
- Sheet metal work
- Industrial design
There are also some field trips and self-defense activities.
Classes are organized by age and taught by women who love their crafts.
Scholarships are available.
- Location: New York
- Entering Grade: 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- Ages: 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
- Trade Skills:
- Estimate Cost: Under $500
- Program Length: One Week
- Application Required: Yes
- Program Months: July, August