Thinking of a career change to become a heavy equipment operator in Florida?
You’re in luck, as the Sunshine State has plenty of training schools that can equip you with the tools and knowledge it takes to be successful.
Whether you’re just starting out or have some experience operating bulldozers, backhoes, skid steers and other heavy machinery, these training schools will give you all the insight and hands-on experience needed to enjoy a rewarding career as an operator.
Many will help you obtain the certifications required for your state and some may even have job placement to help you get started. So read on to find schools near you in Florida.
Florida Heavy Equipment Operator Schools
Below are some of the construction equipment operator training schools in the Sunshine State for you to consider.
APC Crane Training
Crane Inspection & Certification Bureau (CICB)
International Union of Operating Engineers
National Training Incorporated
Cost Range: $7,500-$13,000
Heavy Equipment Operator Salaries In Florida
Salaries for Florida heavy equipment operators can range greatly based on experience and skill level as well as the specific location you will be working in.
Of course the training you receive will greatly impact earnings as well, so make sure you get those certifications.
Becoming a heavy equipment operator means you are going to be some dangerous and dirty work! Getting the right education is incredibly important to ensure you stay safe and keep others around you safe.
Below are some questions you should ask any school that you are considering attending!
• How many students are in a class, or what is the student teacher ratio.
• Is their a mix of classroom and real-life training.
• Do they have their own training ground to practice on or will you need to go elsewhere?
• If you need financial assistance, ask about grants, loans, and other opportunities for help paying for school.
• Is the school accredited and meet all state and federal requirements.
• Do they train with OSHA standards for safety.
Heavy Equipment Schools In Other States
Use our interactive map to help you find other schools to learn heavy equipment operation.