Are you interested in getting in the driver’s seat of a bulldozer or crane in the great state of Indiana?
If so, then becoming a heavy equipment operator may be your calling! With solid growth in job opportunities and good salaries, it is a great choice.
Although it might seem intimidating to tackle such big projects, having the right know-how and experience will give you the confidence to get any job done. This is why choosing the right heavy equipment operator training school is so important.
Below are some of the training schools located in the Hoosier State. Be sure to check them out and contact them with any questions about their programs and financial aid opportunities!
Indiana Heavy Equipment Operator Schools
Below are some of the construction equipment operator training schools in the Hoosier State for you to consider.
APC Crane Training
International Union of Operating Engineers
Performance Training Solutions
Heavy Equipment Operator Salaries In Indiana
Salaries for Indiana heavy equipment operators can range greatly based on experience and skill level as well as the specific location you will be working in.
Of course the training you receive will greatly impact earnings as well, so make sure you get those certifications.
Choosing a School
Becoming a heavy equipment operator means you are going to be some dangerous and dirty work! Getting the right education is incredibly important to ensure you stay safe and keep others around you safe.
Below are some questions you should ask any school that you are considering attending!
• How many students are in a class, or what is the student teacher ratio.
• Is their a mix of classroom and real-life training.
• Do they have their own training ground to practice on or will you need to go elsewhere?
• If you need financial assistance, ask about grants, loans, and other opportunities for help paying for school.
• Is the school accredited and meet all state and federal requirements.
• Do they train with OSHA standards for safety.
Heavy Equipment Schools In Other States
Use our interactive map to help you find other schools to learn heavy equipment operation.