Were you the kid that had your head out ther car window watching those big machines digging dirt, tearing down buildings, or building out new highways? If so, as an adult you can actually build a great career doing just those things!
As a heavy equipment operator in Louisiana you can not only help your community, but create a career that pays well and has a solid future for job security and growth. Demand is expected to grow about 5% through 2031, so there will be plenty of opportunity out there for you.
So, how do you get started? Well, it all starts with finding the right heavy equipment operator school in Louisiana.
Louisiana Heavy Equipment Operator Schools
Below are some of the construction equipment operator training schools in the Pelican State for you to consider.
APC Crane Training
International Union of Operating Engineers
Heavy Equipment Operator Salaries In Louisiana
Salaries for Louisiana heavy equipment operators can range greatly based on experience and skill level as well as the specific location you will be working in.
Of course the training you receive will greatly impact earnings as well, so make sure you get those certifications.
Choosing a School
Becoming a heavy equipment operator means you are going to be some dangerous and dirty work! Getting the right education is incredibly important to ensure you stay safe and keep others around you safe.
Below are some questions you should ask any school that you are considering attending!
• How many students are in a class, or what is the student teacher ratio.
• Is their a mix of classroom and real-life training.
• Do they have their own training ground to practice on or will you need to go elsewhere?
• If you need financial assistance, ask about grants, loans, and other opportunities for help paying for school.
• Is the school accredited and meet all state and federal requirements.
• Do they train with OSHA standards for safety.
Heavy Equipment Schools In Other States
Use our interactive map to help you find other schools to learn heavy equipment operation.