Were you the kid that had your head out ther car window watching those big machines digging dirt, tearing down buildings, or building out new highways? If so, as an adult you can actually build a great career doing just those things!
As a heavy equipment operator in North Dakota you can not only help your community, but create a career that pays well and has a solid future for job security and growth. Demand is expected to grow about 5% through 2031, so there will be plenty of opportunity out there for you.
So, how do you get started? Well, it all starts with finding the right heavy equipment operator school in North Dakota.
North Dakota Heavy Equipment Operator Schools
Below are some of the construction equipment operator training schools in the Peace Garden State for you to consider.
APC Crane Training
International Union of Operating Engineers
Heavy Equipment Operator Salaries In North Dakota
Salaries for North Dakota heavy equipment operators can range greatly based on experience and skill level as well as the specific location you will be working in.
Of course the training you receive will greatly impact earnings as well, so make sure you get those certifications.
Choosing a School
When choosing a heavy equipment operator school, it is important to take the following factors into account:
• Quality of instruction: research schools with strong reputations and experienced instructors who can provide students with valuable instruction and access to the latest resources.
• Duration of program: investigate programs that offer in-depth course work over a longer period of time, as opposed to shorter courses focused on single topics.
• Hands-on experience: look for schools that give students the opportunity to gain practical skills in operating heavy machinery, such as bulldozers and excavators.
• Certification options: inquire about certification programs or credentials that may be available through the school or through professional associations upon completion of their studies.
• Financing opportunities: explore sources of financial aid, grants and scholarships available at various institutions so you can make your educational goals more achievable.
Heavy Equipment Schools In Other States
Use our interactive map to help you find other schools to learn heavy equipment operation.