Are you tired of being stuck in a dead-end job that blows? We know the feeling!
Well, have no fear, because becoming a wind turbine service technician might just be the breath of fresh air you need!
With wind power becoming a more critical part of our energy systems, the demand for skilled technicians to maintain and repair these towering machines is on the rise.
But where do you begin your journey to becoming a wind turbine wizard?
Look no further than this list of top wind turbine technician schools!
So, buckle up (or should I say, harness up) and get ready to soar to new heights in your career!
Best Wind Turbine Technician Schools
We are providing these schools to help you kick start your research. Please be sure to your homework when considering any trade school.
Check credentials, look for reviews online, find people that have been there, do as much research as you can to help you understand which school may be the best fit for you.
Airstreams Renewables, Inc. is a private institution that is approved to operate by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. It offers programs that help workers gain employment in the wind energy sector. This 240 hour program will cover safety, climbing, electrical, schematic reading, mechanical, and telecommunications. Working as a wind turbine technician is one opportunity for those who graduate from the school.
Universal Technical Institute
Average Net Price: $23,474.00
Universal Technical Institute has several locations across the United States. Each location offers programs in different trade skills which include automotive, welding, motorcycle, and even Nascar! Visit their main website to find the location and program that is right for you!
School data shown on this listing is for the Southern California location.
Pinnacle Career Institute
Average Net Price: $17,252.00
Northwest Renewable Energy Institute
Enter the job market in as little as 6-months with the Northwest Renewable Energy Institute wind turbine training program.
Wind Turbine Salaries
Hold on to your hard hats, folks, because we’re about to talk dough.
That’s right, we’re talking about the topic of money, moolah, cash money, and specifically, how much a wind turbine technician can earn annually. No matter how you phrase it, we understand how much you make matters.
I mean, we know what you’re thinking, “Do wind turbine technicians make enough money to afford a luxurious lifestyle?”
Well, let me tell you, the answer may just blow you away (in a good way, of course). So, buckle up (or should I say, harness up) and find out what some average earnings are for a technician.
Check out our wind turbine technician salary guide if you are looking for more detailed state salary data.
The salaries below show the following:
- Lowest 10% is typically what those that are new to the industry are have less experience will make.
- Median is the average salary across all experience and educational levels.
- Highest 90% is what the top earners average.
These are based on BLS.gov data and are not reflective of all workers in the industry. This is a job that can easily earn 6-figures annually.
Choosing A School To Become A Wind Turbine Technician
Alright, listen up you future wind wizards!
Choosing the right school to become a wind turbine technician is not something you should take lightly.
We have put together a foolproof list of things you need to look for when deciding on which school to attend to learn all you need to know about wind turbine repair and installation.
- A Solid Foundation: You don’t want to end up at a school that’s as stable as a windsock in a tornado, so make sure to do your research and choose a school with a solid foundation. Look for schools with established programs and a proven track record of producing successful graduates.
- Hands-On Experience: Reading about wind turbines like it’s a bedtime story is not going to help you. Look for schools that offer hands-on experience with actual wind turbines. Trust me, there’s nothing like the feeling of standing on top of a 300-foot turbine tower, fixing a blade while the wind is blowing your hair in all directions.
- Safety First: Make sure the school you choose has a strong emphasis on safety and provides students with the proper equipment and training to work safely on wind turbines.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: You don’t want to go to a school that’s still using wind turbines from the stone age. Look for schools that use the latest technology and equipment in their training programs. You want to be prepared for the future of wind power, not stuck in the past.
- A Supportive Community: Look for schools that have a supportive community of faculty, staff, and students. You want to be part of a team that will encourage and support you on your journey to becoming a wind turbine technician.
So, there you have it, folks!
Follow these simple guidelines and you’ll be well on your way to finding the perfect wind turbine technician school.
Just remember, when it comes to choosing a school, don’t be blown away by fancy brochures and promises. Do your research, ask questions, and choose a school that will give you the skills and experience you need to soar to new heights in your career.